A PLACE FOR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES TO GET HELP, SUPPORT & ACCESS THE SERVICES THEY NEED
SMEAC as a brand was chosen to reflect our belief that there should be a formal, clear and structured process for ensuring a veteran is aware of and has access to a broad range of services and programs designed to support their journey and their family’s journey post Defence – not just an arms-length referral or provision of a phone number to call, but rather a comprehensive triage style capability with warm handover that facilitates the delivery of services in a holistic and comprehensive way.
SMEAC’s Veteran Hub is purpose designed to do just that.
WHAT DO VETERANS WANT?
- To Rebuild their Sense of Purpose – very little compares to the feeling you get serving your country, and serving with your mates. They want to get back involved with something – a cause, an organisation, a hobby.
- The Need for a Plan – In the services, planning was everything. Upon leaving the services many veterans no longer have a plan for themselves, their life, their family. They look for the sort of structure and planning process that will enable them to know where they are heading
- Help to Understand and Navigate the System (DVA, the various Acts and entitlements and compensation). They feel they don’t know what they don’t know, they need help to get started, someone who will listen, understand and help them get their situation sorted – not just refer them onto someone else.
- Health Support –
- A Network, Mateship, My Tribe –
- A fresh Approach / Choice –
A PLACE FOR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES TO GET HELP,
SUPPORT & ACCESS THE SERVICES THEY NEED
A place for veterans and their families to get help, support & access the services they need.
4 Exhibition St,
Bowen Hills QLD 4006
SMEAC VETERAN HUB